Thursday, January 8, 2009

my side of the story....(*jen*)

When I think about the journey that brought us to where we are at, the beginning of a new year with great hope and promise for the future, I am in awe of God's faithfulness....God truly does what he says he is going to do and always stands true on His promises....

This time last year I was applying for PA school, working at Brookwood in L&D, and not really looking for a husband or someone to share the rest of my life with....I had a rough journey in college and with previous relationships (I think Ron and I both have similar stories and experiences) and could have chosen a completely different path for my life, but God loved me enough to allow me to go through certain things that happened to hurt a little bit, but also allowed me to grow......

Last spring I truly had to learn to fall desperatly and madly in love with the Lord because He was all I had to cling to ....In May I moved out on my own, started a seriously intense graduate program, all my friends changed, and truly found myself alone in world, only clinging to God....as I read Capitavating I realized how much the Lord wants to romance us and desires us to fall in love with him...

In fact, in Hosea 2:6, the Lord tells us, "Therefore I will block her path with thorn-bushes, I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way...." and further on in verse 14 the Lord proclaims, " Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her"
This passage of scripture became my hope and my light....Although I really had begun to think there were truly no more Godly men left in the world, especially in Birmingham, I realized that God would supply all my needs, that He desired to be my lover and He called me beautiful....

I found hope in Zephaniah 3:17, "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighy to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing"...
The thought of God singing over me every morning, the idea that He would save me, the idea that He takes delight in ME, wow, can you just imagine every morning, you wake up out of bed, you lay there thinking, "Gosh, I really don't want to get up!", you pull the covers over your head or stretch...at that exact moment, the Lord is watching you, smiling, and singing over you, claiming that you are His daughter, and you belong to him....wow...
.....and this became all I needed and wanted.....
AND then....

An amazing man of God came into my life....God sure does try to switch things up bit.......Although I must admit, I never imagined myself with Ron, and when I first met him I was satisfied where God had me...I almost didn't even wanna get to know Ron....but slowly but surely the Lord allowed me to see Ron as He sees him, as a Man after His own heart, and diligent worker, passionate and incredibly in love with Jesus.....it's really funny because anyone who knows both of us always say that they would have never put us together but somehow it just makes sense....

It's definitely been a challenge....when Ron left for Florida the first time we had only been talking for a little while and we didn't see each other for 2 months and 24 days...ha..I definitely was counting....but over the last couple of months it has been so incredible to see God use Ron with 24/7, at Bayside, going to Mexico, and truly learning to be the leader God has created him to be.....And also to see the Lord allow me to get involved with Switch, to find joy everyday as I learn to be a nurse, and one day a nurse practioner, and to help take care of my amazing grandmother who is my best friennd.....

The holidays were a great way to spend time together and get to know each others families, although it was funny trying to schedule it all in....and the next blog will be about all that craziness....

I'm so excited about what God is doing in our lives and although we have no clue what is going to happen in May, there's an awesome hope that God has given us and peace to sustain as we are apart....I'm in the final semester of the RN part of my program and it's still just as crazy, intense, and unorganized as ever...but I'm excited about the new DreamCenter highlands is opening up, leading a small group for high school girls....and the fast that we are about to start.....

God is good....and like always,
trusting in things unseen
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, this is beautiful. I can't wait to read more! Looks like things are going really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I just saw your link on FB! What an awesome story. I, too, LOVED Captivating! I think all of us women should read it at least once a year! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog so that I can get to know you better...you know, since we have only "officially" met once but you are dating my husband's best friend! :-)

    I just started a blog this past summer (katiebyington.blogspot.com). I'll have to add you to my list of favorite blogs! It can get addicive, so watch out!!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love