Monday, January 26, 2009

Some of my side of the Story

This past year has been so crazy for me. I have truly had to rely on God for all my needs. I have always worked for the things I have wanted or needed. Then in the fall of '07 God called me to a program called 24/7. So for the first time in my life I took the vision God put in front of me and put everything I had into it. I sold basically everything I owned minus some clothes and went to live with a friend until I started school. I would have to say this was probably one of the scariest things I have ever done in my entire life. Now looking back I see it was the best thing I have done in my entire life. I have ad experiences I would have never had and learned things I would have probably never learned. Little did I know that while going though the year I would meet the girl of my dreams.
Thinking back to when I first met her and then all the time I saw her after that. It was so strange because I saw her but was so focused on God I didn't see her. In May I went to China for our end of the year missions trip and it was amazing. I saw some of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen. We (24/7) were able to minister to people that had never even seen Americans. I felt like I traveled everywhere while I was there. On the last night I was in China I was journaling like I had every night and felt the Lord tell me I was going to meet my wife. I remember thinking but God I don't even know of anyone I like. So I wrote the thought down and came back home.
When I returned back home I just started doing what I had planned on doing for the summer work and make money for my second year in the program. Well I meet this girl and so I was like ok so is this the person you were talking about God she is pretty and nice. After taking her out a few times it was very obvious she was not the one. So her and I just ended up not talking anymore. About the middle of the summer i noticed there was this girl who seemed to be around all the time but I never really talked to her. A couple of weeks go by and i remember talking to her and found out we were friends on face book and i didn't even know. So that night God himself our destiny into action. We ended up talking on facebook and then on the phone. The next week I went to BigStuf which is a youth camp to workand the entire week we talked every night for hours upon hours and I remember people asking me about her and I was like I don't like her she is just a friend. From that day on I have never wanted to go a day without talking to her. After a little over a month of talking I came to Florida to help the new 24/7 program as a second year student.
Now I am in Florida loving @Bayside Community Church. One thing is the love of my life is still in Birmingham. We still talk everyday and skype as much as possible. She is by far my best friend and I could not imagine life without her. She challenges me and encourages me everyday. In a lot of ways she has helped me grow to a HNL (Ho nother level). While being apart has truly been very hard but a blessing at the same time. We are now working on planning out the next couple of months and relying on God to see where he wants to go from. We knowwe are suppose to be together but the question now is when to we go to the next level. I believe we are both ready but waiting on God to give us both peace about when that time is. So this is my side of the story which I ended up writing a lot more than I thought I would. Till I write again!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ron & Jenny,
    I found this & think it is a great way to catch & keep up! I want to hear more stories...
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw!!! ron i never knew you were all sweet and nice. where was this when you were on my team huh HUH? just kidding. Im very happy for you guys. dont steal all the attention at my wedding!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love