Sunday, April 5, 2009

THE Engagement Story!

ok ok ok....
I know yall all have been waiting for the story....so here it is...

Basically, Ron and I have been talking about getting married for a while and we even had a date set...but, he hadn't had the chance to talk to my parent because he's been in Florida doing 24/7 stuff and so ya....He came into town for Eco Challenge (YEA YEA, go Florida, dominating :) ) and then he had spring break....

All week he planned on working and he had been doing 24/7 stuff the weekend before, so we had not really gotten to hang out that much. Monday night we were suppose to have a big steak dinner with my parents and he was going to talk to them, ya know, like "the talk"....Well, he was late...and I was getting just a little aggravated lol....I was thinking...This is kind of a big deal, talking to my parents, so why is he late?....and my mom just kept saying....Jenny, you don't know what he's doing, just be cool....so I was like...ok whatever, not knowing the surprises he was really getting....Ended up surprising me and getting us an adorable puppy....Which we chose to name Bear, in memory of the greatest coach ever...ha!

So anyways, Tuesday night I thought, we'll hey, we'll finally get to hang out....But nope, he comes over after work and tells me he's having guys night....I was thinking, "Guys night, really, are you serious?" And ya know, normally I'm cool about guys night because I love my girls as well, but when he was only in town for a couple days, I was getting kinda upset....To make matters worse, I had just bought him this really sweet new shirt and he had decided to wear it... Needless to say, I was not being very nice....ha...and in marriage counseling we learned all about being assertive and saying how you feel, lol, so I was like, "RON I feel like you don't even care and blah blah blah," lol...And just totally being so mean...and the whole time he was just being so sweet and all like, "Aww babe, I'm sorry, I really do love you though..." and just not even being mean back, although I was being horrible.....

So I decided to text Ron's best friend's fiance Lauren, and was like, "Well do you just want to go to dinner since they are having a guys night?" and she like was, "Ya sure, totally....that will be perfect"....I had just got done running and taken a shower so I was ready to get in my sweatpants, no make up, glasses, and go to like Moe's or something....But then she texts me and was all like, "Well hey, let's go to Firebirds" And I'm thinking, "Firebirds, are you serious? I just got out of the shower, I don't wanna to have to fix my hair or put on make up lol. It's such a nice restaurant, you gottta be kidding"...and she is like, "No I've never been there, come on let's go!" And I'm doing everything to get out of it...being like, "It's so expensive, I don't want to fix up ha" So finally she's like, I'll even pay for you"...and all this stuff...So she talks me into it and by this time, I'm like so totally aggravated and I'm like...fine, I'll put on make up but I am not going to do my hair or anything as my act of rebellion....

So anyways, we get there and I'm having fun talking to her and just catching up and she's taking forever to order....and the waiter comes and she's like, "Ya we need more time..." And by this time I'm just like ARGH!! Can this day get any worse ha, even though I love Lauren and we were having a blast, but just totally at my aggravation level....

About that time I kinda look over and think I see this guy and a couple that look like my parents...and then I do a double take, and there Ron is, in front of the whole restaurant, on a knee with this amazing ring, and my parent's behind him.....And he does the whole, "Jenny Michelle Kidd, there's nothing more I want to do than spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?" And by this time my heart is beating 1000 times a minute and I tear up and I'm all like "YES YES YES!" And then Trey and my parent's come out and they had it all planned out for a while now and my mom knew the whole time, like the night before, when he was buying the ring.....

I was way surprised and just feel so blessed that I get to spend the rest of my life with such an amazing man of God, and someone who not only encourages me, but challenges me in the Lord, and loves me so much and I can't wait!

We're getting married June 26th on the beach in Orange Beach and having our reception at a reception in Gulf Shores!!! So so excited!

Our wedding Party:
Matron of Honor, Autumn Miller
Christy Schweigert
J'Amy Wright
Amanda Dail
Lisa Crunk
Amanda Kidd

Eric Williamson, Best Man
Trey Thomason
Cullen Byington
Joshua Kidd
Kris Crunk
Mike Kidd

much love to you all
jen
soon to be Mrs. Nickless :)

1 comment:

leave us some love