Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wow...it's been quite a while!

Wow....It's crazy to think about all we have been through since the last time I posted...I know, I know, I've been a major slacker....But in my defense, we have had a lot going on...Here's the basic rundown...

-After a year of hard work, Ron graduated 24/7 with his Associates in Practical Ministry and I finished my first phase of Grad school....I also took boards for nursing and passed so I am officially an RN!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

-In one weekend we packed, loaded, and drove a 26 foot penske truck to our new home in Florida, completely unloaded it, cleaned, unpacked, and decorated our house...All from Thursday night till Sunday night.....Needless to say we only sleep about 16 hours all weekend...Poor Ron, the first night he only slept for like 30 mins....It was crazy, but so much fun, and we love our new 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom house...A movie of our house will definitely be posted soon...

Photobucket

-After that, we came back to Birmingham with just long enough for Ron to work a couple days and then picked up Amanda Dail and headed to the beach for the wedding...Although I ended up having to take a test for Grad school the night of the rehearsal dinner and ended up being an hour late to my own rehearsal, I figured, Better late than never....Ya know me, always got to make an entrance....Ron's Dad and Mom decorated our fishing lodge and cooked out and the food was amazing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

-Friday- THE WEDDING- I honestly don't remember much of Friday..it was kinda all a blur of chaos and craziness but I know that I was so thankful for my mom and Ron and all the help we had pulling the wedding day off...From Kristen doing my hair, to Suzie helping decorate, from CJ, the go-to rescue man, to all my wonderful Bridesmaids, you all made my wedding beautiful...Not to mention my fabulous amazing sister Amanda taking pictures and Kris and Lisa Singing....Although the wedding day is all slightly blurry, I can honestly say I loved every minute of it! If you want to see some pictures from the big day check out Katie and Cullen's facebook....Katie took some awesome pictures...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

-From that point we stayed 2 days in Gulf Shores, had a fancy dinner on the ocean, and got ready to come home...We left at 11:00 AM on Sunday Morning, got back to our home in Bradenton at 9pm and then I had to do all my homework from the previous week and for the next week, did laundry, and left at 4 am for the Tampa Airport honeymoon bound
-Our first flight was only a 35 min flight so we found a very uncomfortable floor and ended up sleeping for 3 hours in the Miami Airport, then got on a plane headed to Cancun

Photobucket

-The honeymoon was incredible...We had an all inclusive deal so we ended up only spending 12 bucks the entire trip! In fact, we toured another resort and got paid 500 pesos, which helped up buy the sunscreen we forgot, a cowboy hat for me, and some sweet sunglasses for Ron....We managed to only get sunburned on the last day which was even better...Plus we ate lots of amazing food and really just relaxed after the last 3 crazy months!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that we are back home we are loving just getting into a routine....I am still looking for a job, with out any luck, and the Lord is really teaching me about resting in him and patiently waiting on his perfect timing...In the meantime, I am working on being a really good wife! We eat at home all but one night a week..and I've had fun with some interesting meals like baked tilapia with rice, special sauce and veggies, my mom's homemade tuna noodle casserole, and fresh homemade guacamole....

One special thing we did since we didn't spend any money on our honeymoon was to buy a really nice grill...And oh yes, we fit it into my HONDA Accord....Which was truly a sight to see...we had both seats leaned all the way back, I was crammed in the back with like 6inches of space, and the grill was hanging out the window and sunroof...memories for sure....But we've really enjoyed cooking on the grill and having friends over...Dunno what it is about Florida, but they don't really cook out very much...so it's definitely helped us bring a little bit of Bama with us by having a grill~

Photobucket

Photobucket

So now life begins....I really miss home...I really miss my mom and grandma and all my wonderful friends...But I know God has a plan....I think it would be easier with a job...but ya know, God has his own timing for sure....

Hey at least we are about 5 mins to views like this, and 15 mins to the beach....

Photobucket


We miss you all and please keep praying both Ron and I find the perfect job with financial freedom included....Until next time...
Photobucket

'trusting in things unseen

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! I am so glad you're back to blogging! Good luck with the job... you're in my prayers for sure. Btw, I'm putting your DVD of pics in the mail tomorrow. Sorry I'm so slow!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love